According to Ancient Chinese medicine, the sensory nerves of internal organs spread throughout the body are mainly gathered around the soles of the feet. One such nerve point is the solar plexus, which is like a little warehouse where all the stress is stored. When this point is pressed on, stress is released and the body is renewed. The saying, “a little bit goes a long way” has never rung truer than for the foot and its functions. Sadly, despite this little tidbit of information, many people still neglect their feet.
Studies have shown that most people do not seek treatment for their feet, because they immediately assume that foot pain is normal. Lack of good foot care, coupled with a strenuous daily load (imagine carrying your weight through an average of 8000-10,000 steps daily), make your foot the body part most vulnerable to injury.
Like any high performance machine, your feet need to be looked after often to function properly. Pay attention to their needs and care for them regularly, otherwise they might rebel and break down on you. Stanhome World Philippines, a trusted Home Care brand in Europe for over 80 years, offers these feet-loving tips to keep you walking healthy and comfy:
1. Inspect your feet regularly. Dry and cracked skin on your feet, if ignored and untreated, can become uncomfortable and painful. Use STANHOME FOOT REPAIR, a fast-acting treatment gel that helps repair cracked feet. Working in as fast as 15 minutes, FOOT REPAIR can smoothen even the driest, most cracked heels.
2. Moisturize your feet. Just like skin on any other body part, the skin on your feet deserves to be nourished. Wash your feet every day in warm water mixed with mild soap. This cleans feet gently without drying. For a more thorough moisturizing experience, try STANHOME COOL FEET, a refreshing lotion designed to soothe and nourish your feet.
3. Trim your toenails regularly. Excessively long toenails can become painful to walk in. Don’t cut them too short, in corners or on the sides. Doing so can lead to an ingrown problem, where a part of the nail gets embedded onto your skin.
4. Wear comfortable, properly-fitted shoes. Ill-fitting shoes can cause blisters, cuts and calluses. Don’t believe what they say about shoes becoming more comfy through time. If it hurts when you’re fitting it, it’s probably not the shoe for you.
5. Exfoliate your feet. Regular exfoliation keeps feet clean, smooth, and can even reduce the possibility of getting calluses. STANHOME DEEP EXFOLIATION is a foot scrub that helps remove rough skin and dead skin cells, making your feet softer and smoother.
6. Make a habit of wearing shoes alternately. Changing footwear every now and then discourages bacteria from living in your shoes, protecting you from itchiness and bad odors. Use STANHOME PEDI-MIST, a foot odor-fighting cream with Grapefruit Seed Extract and Lemongrass Oil. It has antibacterial properties that help kill 99.999% of odor-causing microorganisms, leaving feet smooth and fresh-smelling.
7. Consult a doctor. If there’s anything different on your foot – discolored nails, unnatural hardness or thickness in skin, etc. – or if you feel any sort of pain, it is best to go to a podiatric doctor for a diagnosis. It is always best to ask an expert to help you out, especially when it comes to your health.
About Stanhome World and Stanhome World Philippines
Stanhome World is an internationally established brand based in Europe. Considered the #1 Direct-Selling Home Care Company in the European Union, Stanhome World is part of the Groupe Yves Rocher group of companies. It carries two (2) successful and fast-growing brands: STANHOME, an extensive line of high-quality and innovative products for home and family strengthened by over 80 years of experience, and KIOTIS, a luxury beauty line boasting of essential oil-based products that serve to boost both beauty and well-being. After years of expanding in other international markets, Stanhome World brings their topnotch work to Asia, with the Philippines as its first home. Stanhome World Philippines boasts of the same quality care brought by its global counterparts, utilizing high European standards to help benefit Filipino families all over the nation.